Arrangements for St. George’s Day, 27th April 2014
I am writing to confirm the arrangements for St. George’s Day this year. I do hope you will support the event as this is the one opportunity this year, we have to bring the whole District together in celebration and provides us with an excellent public relations opportunity.
The Core Details:
Date: Sunday 27th April 2014
Time: 1pm for 1.15pm Start
Venue: Muster at St. Leonard’s Gate Car Park (At the side of Lancaster Grand Theatre) at 1pm for a 1.15pm Start.
From here we will walk through Lancaster Town Centre to The Priory Church for a service that will start at 2pm and finish at 3pm.
- Groups will be dismissed from the Priory Church. There will be no parade back to St, Leonards Gate.
- Please encourage parents to attend, however, they will be asked by marshalls to not walk with their group- instead asked to walk at the back.
- Feel free to invite your Group Executive/ Group Supporters.
- Please encourage the children to come in full, smart uniform. Leaders, this is our opportunity to lead by example, award holders please feel free to wear your awards.
- Although the service is in a Church it will be a Scouts Own, led predominantly by young people, and suitable for all faiths, and those without faith.
- A collection will be taken at the start of the service which will be donated to St. John’s Hospice.
- The theme for the celebration is ‘I. Achieve’ and will focus on the achievements of Scouts, as such, we are asking each group to attend with a few children (two or three) dressed up and demonstrating that theme (A bit like a walking float) this might be a Beaver, Cub and Scout. These themes are based around activity badges which each group will be given a copy of that badge to carry on parade. We feel this will help us showcase some of the activities that we do in Scouting. Your support in this is really appreciated, and if you need help, let us know! The themes for each group are listed below.
2nd Bolton Le Sands – Air Activities
1st Carnforth – Scientist
Caton Church – Communicator
Hornby – Performing Arts
Slyne with Hest – First Aid
Halton – Environment/ Conservation
Warton – Navigator/ Map Reader
Silverdale – Pioneer
1st Forton – Caver
5th Lancaster – Athletes
13th Lancaster – Cyclist
16th Lancaster – Climber
23rd Lancaster – Street Sports
33rd Lancaster – Water Activities Badge
34th Lancaster – Musician
35th Lancaster – Martial Arts
53rd Lancaster – Camper
3rd Morecambe – Astronomer
11th Morecambe – Circus Skills
16th Morecambe – Hill Walker
Centurion with Westgate -Chef
1st Overton – DIY Badge
Explorer Scouts – Expedition International
As I said early, I do hope every group will attend. Please could you inform me if this is not the case, so that we don’t have the activity badge made if you won’t be there.
To make things easier for you I have attached a letter that you can give out to your young people and their parents to advertise the event. I hope this helps.
As ever, thanks for your help and support and I look forward to seeing you on the day.
With Best Wishes,