The search is on for a new County Commissioner for West Lancashire Scouts, and we need you to think about anyone you know who would thrive in this role!
So what is the role?
In a nutshell, the County Commissioner needs to:
- Inspire and enthuse people
- Apply strategic thinking to a challenge
- Build and lead a team of key volunteers
- Be resourceful and energetic
- Believe passionately about developing young people and volunteers
What support is there?
The County Commissioner is supported by the County Team, County Trustees, the Regional Commissioner, other County Commissioners in the Region, and the HQ team based in the Region and at Gilwell Park. A full induction to the role is available including a visit to Gilwell Park to meet with various HQ staff and volunteers.
What do I need to do?
We need you to nominate someone, or some people, who you think would make a great contribution to the role of County Commissioner. If you wish to apply for the role yourself, that would be great! We would also consider a team nomination or other opportunities to share the role. Any nomination you make will be kept in the strictest confidence.
There are a number of different ways to nominate yourself or someone else:
- You can view the Vacancy Pack and role description here.
- Use the online form to nominate someone or yourself
- For more information please contact Nisbah Hussain (Regional Commissioner for North West) at email@example.com.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 14 June. Interviews are likely to be held on Sunday 14 July.
Thank you for taking the time to consider the role carefully, and if you have any questions please do get in touch!
Regional Commissioner for North West