ADC Morecambe & Heysham 1949-1956
Morecambe Guardian 19 November 1949:-
New Assistant District Scout Commissioner
MR. T. S. WATSON, of 35 Granville Road, has been appointed Assistant District Commissioner for scouts in the Morecambe and Heysham area. He succeeds Mr. S. J. W. Catterall, who has retired after holding the post for three years.
For the past three years, Mr. Watson has been District Scoutmaster. Previously he had been connected with scouting in North Durham for 14 years. The scouting movement is strong in Morecambe and Heysham, there being seven active troops in the town and approximately 380 boys. A series of events has been arranged for the near future and includes indoor sports.
Scout’s Jumble Sale
A sum of £8.15s was raised by the 16th Morecambe Boy Scout Group attached to Torrisholme Church of Ascension through a jumble sale held in the church hall on Saturday. The vicar, the Rev. L. Stewart Bruce, who is also Scoutmaster, was in charge.
Thomas Sydney Watson was born in Newbiggin, Teesdale, Durham 20 Sep 1895. He married Mary E Collinson in 1925. Their children included Gladys and Frank both born in 1927, Eric born 1931 and Lilian born 1936.
In 1939 the family is living at 8 Hude, Middleton in Teesdale, Nr. Barnard Castle where T. S. is recorded as a carpenter. He is listed as a member of the Durham County Police War Reserve.