Appointment of a Group Scout Leader – 1st Slyne with Hest Scout Group
I am delighted to inform you that I have appointed Fiona Wetton as the Group Scout Leader at 1st Slyne with Hest Scout Group. Fiona will be known to all of you as she has been covering the Scout Leader role for the past 9 months through her role as a District Scout Leader. Fiona has agreed to do the role for twelve months to help move things forward at the Group and build on the District and County support that has already been put in place in the last year.
To that end Fiona and I have agreed some objectives to guide her work in the coming months:
- Review the training needs of all adults in the group, and support them through the appropriate training. Particularly supporting the new adult volunteers.
- Hold a Group AGM and form a new Group Executive Committee
- Hold an open night to encourage greater parental involvement and fill vacancies in the sections.
- Hold regular Group Leaders meetings (separately from the Group Executive Committee)
- Finalise the group development plan/
I will be working with Fiona in the coming weeks to discuss ways in which the District can support in these areas, the group has been very lucky to have had the support of Barbara Hughes, the County Development Officer, who will be working with Fiona to help build the group committee and plan the open night.
1st Slyne with Hest is in a strong position, with opportunities to recruit more adults, grow your membership and offer more opportunities to the young people of Slyne and surrounding areas– I am excited about what the future holds and I’d like to remind you that the District are committed to supporting the group in any way that we can. Thank you for everything that you do for young people, Scouting and your community.
Finally, I’d like to wish you all a happy, wonderful, and well-earned summer break.
Yours in Scouting,