Lancaster Guardian 24 December 1943
On Saturday, at Lower Dolphinholme, Ald. T. W. Helme, County Commissioner of Boy Scouts, opened a new hut to be known as L.P. Den, in a field adjoining Woodcock Hall. Those present included Major Withers, O.B.E., of Garstang, District Commissioner, who is also secretary of Lancashire and Cheshire Boys’ Clubs; Mr. A. W. Wilson, and the Vicar of Dolphinholme (Rev. P. Jenkins). The hut will be the Headquarters of the Abbeystead Scouts. Tea was provided in the Memorial Hall for Scouts, Visitors and friends.
The evening was spent in games and a camp fire concert. Those taking part included Scouts from Dolphinholme, Abbeystead, Brock, and Garstang. The organiser was Mr. George Maddison, Patrol Leader.